View Single Post
Old September 27, 2023, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

https://youtu.be/zAsqjUGnLe0?si=oiNO5dOUCtStVzEH

I have no doubt tamim worked really hard past few months trying to get selected for the WC. I think he needs mental therapy. He should have been selected for 15 squad. But he has to understand that he may not get playing 11 everytime.

I thibk they wanna open with miraz against Afghanistan to counter their spinners. In that case tamim wouldn't be selected. But tamim is vital in games against other teams where bowlers will be bowling at 145 kph and swinging.

He feels short changed but I think he could have handled this much better imo. He definitely needs therapy. But I have no doubt of his work ethic and his love for the country. He is a patriot. And I wish he was in the team and i still think bd team would have been much stronger with him specially against tougher opposition.

I don't thibk dropping him against Afghanistan and opening with miraz would have been a bad idea. But regardless of how miraz performs he needed to go back to his 7th position in subsequent matches and tamim would get in.

Obviously someone in middle would have to give away the spot ... every game doesn't have to have to same 11.

His mistake is believing he is so senior that he must get a spot in 11 when he can.

I will miss him in this world cup.

Suggestion that he can play in middle is idiotic but the message wasn't relayed properly... he doesn't have a spot against Afghanistan in their game plan. Simple.