View Single Post
Old December 20, 2006, 11:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
al Furqaan

I don't know if I agree with you completely. I don't think he is a no.3 test bat material. He never was. One of the main ingredients a no.3 has to have is positive intent, a natural strokeplaying ability that will enable the batsman to take the attack to the bowlers, something Bashar has done very well for us in tests. On numerous ocassions, he has bailed us out of torrid situation with his aggressive innings, though he doesn't have the technique that is demanded from that position. He was successful beacuse of his intent and he did it everywhere. You must have that, more so than having impeccable technique. Rajin bats at no.4 or no.5 in tests and he should not bat higher or lower than that. He should play in tests based on his past performances ( against Australia last ) and hasn't done anything to get ditched from the test team yet. I am eager to see him do well outside of Bangladesh, so he can solidify himself in our middle order. I do like the mental aspect of his game though he needs to improve upon his stroke play, which is a bit too limited, and his technique against the moving ball leaves a lot to be desired.
well, yes you are correct. but i guess what i was trying to say was that rajin is a fighter. we never expected him to be one of the most consistant batsman in the aussie series yet he did that (only SN showed similar reslove). that being said, i don't believe that we have seen all that rajin saleh can bring to the table. if he can be half of rahul dravid (why not?), then the #3 spot is a shoe in. look at it this way, if bashar can be the #3, rajin can.

i don't see why rajin needs aggressiveness to succeed in Tests. rather thats been the problem with all our batsman even and especially bashar, but extending down to aftab, and ashraful as well. they bat too fast far too many times. if they slowed things down and scored the same number of runs, then many if not all of our matches would progress well into a 4th day.

if we get a better #3, i'm all for it...but for now rajin is the man.

#OneTeam1Dream