View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
I am sorry to have to post this on a forum which I have enjoyed many debates over the years but I feel enough is enough.

Over the last two weeks I have read hundreds of offensive, incorrect and even a few racist comments regarding the country of my birth.

There seems to be an accusation that Zimbabwe are doing everything they can to make Bangladesh’s stay in Zimbabwe unpleasant and are not acting as good hosts.

These are the fact

1) The BCB and Rahim have openly declared that they did not request a warm up match as they felt they had enough preparation in Sri Lanka.
2) Rubel’s no ball was correct, no part of his foot was behind the line, therefore no conspiracy against Bangladesh from the umpires.
3) In regards to the schedule Zimbabwe are well within their rights to dictate the schedule, the reason for swapping it around was for the simple fact that Zimbabwe had just come off a test series against West Indies and wanted to continue in the longer format, this is the hosts right and has been used by many host county’s over the years.
4) Zimbabwe are once again in their right to produce any pitch they want, when we tour Bangladesh we are hit with spinning tracks, this is not a surprise and no one complains about it, instead they understand that a key part of international cricket is adapting to overseas conditions.

Finally I would like to apologise for the standard of commentary yes it comes across as biased but please remember when we have no Bangladesh commentator in the box (for reasons I do not know) then the commentators will always talk about the team they know most about.

I hope the rest of the series is conducted in the right spirit on the forum and we can stick to cricketing issues rather than a range of excuses to hide a poor performance from Bangladesh.

In my opinion your batsman let the team down on a wicket which was not impossible to bat on, however I would back Bangladesh to get back into the series as I think we are vulnerable at the top of the order and if you can get rid of Taylor then you are through half our side.

Regards

Zimfan
What you said is true on most accounts, but lets not pretend when BD fans complain about umpiring decisions they are going on about rubels wicket (line belongs to the umpire) - some do. Majority complain about all the other decisions. End of the day that did effect the match, but I doubt the outcome, Taylor and co out performed Bangladesh