View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 08:45 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
OK logistically speaking, you may have a point. A tour of Ireland spanning 3 ODIs and 2 T20Is, is 380 overs of scheduled cricket. With the Irish weather, we'd be lucky to see 200 overs played with at least 1 game totally washed out without a single ball bowled. Thats a fair point. I don't want that and I'm sure the Irish fans don't want that either.

However to say the national team shouldn't play valuable matches simply because we can't watch them (no broadcast) is simply selfish to the umpteenth. We're talking about OUR team's benefit (which will also benefit the Irish). Learning and development is more important. Remember, we have a world cup that is not that far away anymore and its not in home-like conditions.

But yes, I hope that the BCB invites Ireland over instead. We did tour them last time, and I'm sure the Irish would love to tour a full member. Just hope weather allows some decent play.

6 Tests in the year is not bad. 8 is ideal, but 6 ain't bad. But to only play 8 ODIs (1 vs SL was a near wash out) is a travesty when India plays 7 in a single series. BCB has to pick up the effing slack here. Ensure 5 ODIs vs NZ, if not 3 Tests. Bring Ireland over for 3 more. We again have a huge gap between November and February/March. Get ZIM's a$$ over here for at least 5 ODIs. You won't get Australia to tour for 6 Tests, so get the teams that will both want to play us, and will give us competition. Heck even invite Afghanistan for 3 ODIs.

Wake the eff up, BCB!
Agree with you there. These are some of the thing that BCB has been incapable of doing, adding to the basket. Is it difficult to invite Zimbabwe over once a year for an extended tour of 5 ODI, 3 tests, 2 T20s? Given the schedules of these 2 countries, this should be a piece of cake. Inviting Afghanistan for A tours is also a good idea. Get our players some international exposure while helping these boards.