View Single Post
Old July 14, 2014, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Without the decentralization of power and money the last stage cannot be achieved.
It can and it will. It will just take longer to achieve. What should take us 1 year to achieve, we'll do in 3 or 4. But it can and will happen. India had how many 50 average batsman from 1930 to 1990? Only Sunny G that I can think of, yet they are a batting powerhouse. In the last 20 odd years they have produced at least half a dozen 50+ bats. Same could be said of all countries. My money is on Mominul to keep a 50+ average, chup chap kid, those are the most dangerous, quietly going about their business without complaining about "that was a 4 ball", "ZIM bowlers are ordinary", etc. .....
First I am not a betting man. Had I been one, you would have been taken to the cleaners already!! Lucky You.

Secondly, mine was a blanket statement. Tests and as well ODIs. Multiple top orders - not just one averaing 50 would make us sprint. The top 8 nations are sprinting already or almost sprinting (rebuilding mode).

You are proving me right with your own logic. Indian Cricket has been decentralized long long time back. Back then it even took more time to create players like that. On top of that, the pitches, formats, and rules have changed alot which aided them to produce more 50+ now.

The game has changed a lot in the last 20/30 years. Having 50+ players in a test teams are a norm for being elite nowadays. Before that it was only handful. Just like 30+ test centuries and you would be the best in your generation. Nowadays, that would only fetch you best in your country perhaps even.

By the way, I wish Mominul the best. Let him play few more tests in different continents and conditions. I would be estatic if he can keep his average 50+. And Mominul is NOT the one averaging highest for BD (tests). That record belongs to Abul and most likely will stay with him.
+++
I disagree on the the other bold as well. They all have sound setup of their domestic cricket and not centralized.