View Single Post
Old October 21, 2006, 06:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
you know, folks over here would probably dislike you a whole lot let less, if you came out and just admitted that you and the BCCI are bunch of condescending bigots who don't hold Bangladesh cricket in the esteem that the ICC FTP mandates and that you only voted for our test status to strengthen the Asian "bloc" and seize a world cup every 12 or so years.
That BCCI is run by crooks and SOBs is only part of the story. BD cricketers have done too poorly to be marketted is also true. Much as you might want to deny it, that is stark reality for you. People want to watch good cricket. They don't get it always. Yet they are willing to take some risk and waste a day's work to get entertained. They surely won't come and watch what they know is sub-standard stuff. You see that is where the problem lies. BCCI cannot force people to change their views and make them watch substandard affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i hope that you realize, that at this time given your current attitudes, you are most certainly wearing out your welcome here. allow me to show you the door.
Sorry, for stating the unpalatable truth then. I don't think I abused anyone. In fact when Bangladesh beat India or Australia, I congratulated them. It is just that, I do think BCCI has a point this time. Play well and earn the due respect. Playing good cricket is the only way to silence the critics.

Let's agree to disagree if you have a problem with what I have stated.