View Single Post
Old June 29, 2006, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Oh yea; Argentina is as weak as Costarica; Ecuador A, Poland and Sweden. Ivory Coast can beat any of those. and for your information S&M qualified directly from the group of Spain . So they are must be a bad team. Khik Khik
Remember 86, 98 the last two times Brazil met France in WC. We all know the result. Team of Brazil 86 could beat any day the team of Brazil 2006.
So hail the blues
I agree that Brazil doesnt have good record against France.They were beaten last two matches . But, saying Brazil team of 86 is better than present 2006, is probably a bit too much. Greatest Brazilan team not to win the world cup was in 82. France had a much better team in 86 than now . They were European champ that time and Platini was the world footballer of the year two times. They were the hot favourite in 86 to win the worldcup. Brazil 86 team were great in playmaking. But two things lacked compared to present team. Even though, present brazilian defence isnt that great, but it is still much better than 86 and far far better than 82. For 20 years, that Brazil couldnt win the world cup, the main reason was not to have a good defence system. And, other thing that lacked in 86 was surely , having a great goal scorer. Even though, present brazil isnt playing any quality football, they are still scoring goals. And in the game of football, goal makes the champion. Zico wasnt fit in 86 and only played two matches as sub including that fateful match against France. Socratis were not in the best form. The best players were unlikely, Alemao and Careca (the most over rated player ever). Falcao was horribly out of form and spend almost entire worldcup in the Bench. Mueller was the worst brazilina striker I have ever seen and I will never forgive his miss against Argentina in 90. Defence.. pathetic Camacho and Maceda were simply awful. So Even though Brazil played beautiful game under Tele santana, due to above reasons, they never won. Contrary to those teams, the present team is much better in terms of efficiency. I persoanlly, think Ronaldo is a much better Scoring Machine than Zico or Careca. They may not play the mesmerising game of 82/86, they surely are much more resutl oriented than them. Persoanlly I would preffer a team that can give achieve goal than a team playing very beutiful but not been able to score what it matters.

In a head to head battle, present team will surely tear apart the team of 86, simply because the defence of Tomas, Camacho, Vicoor and Maceda will be looking like a fool against present attack of Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Kaka.