View Single Post
Old November 16, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Thanks Asif. The Pakistani fans said the same about Imran Nazir and finding a way to get him playing well too. Anamul really blossomed, Mash and Elias Sunny bowled superbly as did MH Rubel. In NZ and Zim series Shafiul previously responded well, Rubel, Nazmul and many others... even Abdur Razzak was almost beating records in 2010 when I was bowling coach (covering spin,too as Saluddin had left months before).

Whether this is about me or not is a moot point. I am always flattered that people say nice things about making a difference very quickly.

What's interesting is we allow coaches "a year or two" to settle in, yet I have always felt you can make positive impacts MENTALLY in a short time. And this is where I feel a coach has most to offer in Bangladesh.

I totally understand Ash, by the way. Even if you were slightly joking in your point, he really does need someone to help him and back him. And like him or loathe him, Rocky is exactly the same.

I don't think I will ever work for the Bangladesh National Team again, but I always enjoy my time spent in Bangladesh.
Will you be coaching again in the BPL coach? I heard that you won't coach Dhaka but any chance you'll coach any other franchise?