View Single Post
Old June 9, 2008, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Is he capable of not followin the coach? Can any player of any team do that?
Razzak did that. He scored a 25-ball 26. Razzak should be punished, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Look at the following probably you will understand why he had to take no risk and hold a end:

Fall of wickets1-35 (Shahriar Nafees, 8.3 ov), 2-49 (Tamim Iqbal, 12.2 ov), 3-62 (Raqibul Hasan, 15.6 ov), 4-67 (Alok Kapali, 18.2 ov), 5-98 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 26.4 ov), 6-118 (Mahmudullah, 29.3 ov), 7-118 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 29.6 ov), 8-121 (Dolar Mahmud, 30.6 ov)

He was the most sensible player yesterday. If there was another at the early stage, possibly they could take the team to a stage from where an allout attack could get a win. There was none to play with some sense with him.
To score at 5.9 rpo in a 40 overs match does not need an all-out blind attack. Playing sensibly and taking the singles regularly just does that. Razzak and Tamim played better innings than Ashfool. But I don't want to emphasize much on that. I care much less about winning or losing. Everything I care about is the attitude, planning and executing the plan properly. If the opponent is a better team, in terms of players' quality, planning and execution, they can win. But it does not mean that I should just give up the thought of winning. Cricket is a game of uncertainity. Once the fielding side gets that the batsmen are playing for losses they will simply grind you. You have to try to fight back. YOu win or lose, I just want to see you tried.