View Single Post
Old September 3, 2012, 02:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
One really can't. He's the last of the titans so speak from the golden generation of Indian batsmen. SRT, VVS, Dravid and Ganguly got runs everywhere around the globe and made them into a competitive side outside India, and a formidable one in their own country.

Kohli has replaced just one of them and may outscore everyone other than SRT, even that may be subject to discussion in a few years, but I don't see 3 other guys stepping up. Maybe Dhoni and a new and improved Yuvraj can replace a couple more for a few years, but guys like Rahane, Pujara, Sharma, Tiwary and Badrinath and nowhere near that class especially in foreign conditions. Even Gambhir isn't. I think they'll see many more Jaffers, Chopras and Dases before they get another Kohli. How guys like Rahane and Bisla do at the highest level remains to be seen.

I don't India remaining very competitive in the longer formats outside the subcontinent once SRT retires.
i guess we'll have to see how they go outside of the subcontinent, give them a bit of time as they've not got to much experience and some of them might be capable of learning. chand looks very good at this stage of his career and has performed more than once in australia so he could be someone who will step up eventually.