View Single Post
Old July 13, 2011, 04:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Wholesale changes then on the coaching side and back room staff for the cricket team.

Only Grant Luden remains.

The problem as I see it, is that the new coaches will take a great while to understand the players, the culture, the set up and the BCB. So why can't the BCB retain some consistency for once?

A new coach is great if the one he is replacing someone bad. I don't see that with Fountain (fielding), Henry (physio) or Pont (bowling) - Siddons (head coach) may be just replaced with a clone of himself in Law. So I really don't get the point of allowing people to go when they have done a decent job.

The secret is to get a coaching staff that can make a difference and retain them. maybe alter and tweak a position after a number of years if you are not happy.

Yet again we have new staff all coming in and all contracts expiring at the same time.

When WILL the board learn?

Two years are good enough for any coach to give what he can. With the change of head coach, we need a new & effective setup for the new head coach to work effectively. Old people would always resist the new coach ... specially, since he will be asking for changes in the method of training.

Now all the coaches are new and will easily accept everything logical/possible expected by the head coach. And with new people, there will be new things to learn. So welcome all the new coaches & Support staff.