View Single Post
Old July 19, 2013, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Being in Australia without cable tv certainly limits my exposure and grasp of current world cricket. I wouldn't be surprised if the general mood here in Aus tends to underrate overseas players. For instance, I rate the current England team VERY highly, since before the Test series vs BD. But speaking to a few of my friends in Melbourne, it sounds like they dont think highly of the Poms as much.

On-topic: Donald was not underrated when he was playing. That South African team was the best team at the time because of people like Gary Kirsten, Lance Klusener, Shaun Pollock, Allan Donald, Jonty Rhodes, Jacques Kallis et all. Allan Donald broke plenty of flimsy stumps with his 'express' deliveries.

and really nice to see you again, Puck
maybe not underrated during his playing time but certainly now he is, when you look at the numbers and what he actually achieved he's right up there in the top 10 all time and arguably the top 5 yet he's not even mentioned when talking about an all time XI or making top 5/10 lists.