View Single Post
Old May 27, 2009, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You may need to re read the history. If you have ever even passed through the Khyber Pass, you will even see the approximate time lines engraved in places, when the Arians travelled to the Indian Sub. It's not my theory.

so according to your theory what was supposed to be the original home of aryans ?
(your original point was that central asia was not the supposed original home of aryans but rather the route they followed into s.asia)

All I'm asking is (since you are contesting my statement) that you provide a place for the supposed home of the aryans according to the theory you know of.

for what it's worth, here's the wiki article on the issue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Aryan_migration
it is reasonably comprehensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Alexander the great, ruled the place upto Afghanistan and attempted to enter the Indian Sub without success. After his death one of his general / Companion Celukas ruled the eastern Afghanistan for the rest of his life. Other parts were ruled by some of his other desciples/generals. Alexandar's palace was located in the Balkh province (Now Known as Mazar E Sharif) and the remains are still available. I had a chance to visit there. Knowledge of one's history really depends on which part of the history you have read, unless you claim to have read everything.

and ? alexander was roman ? since when ? and I need to read history ?

seriously, given the personal experiences you narrate, you have to be at least factually accurate for people to take you at face value !
and at least google before you throw rude comments like
Quote:
You may need to re read the history.
regards.

Last edited by Neel Here; May 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM..