View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 06:34 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I agree that Israel lobby is very strong but Obama just gave in to their demands. In UN last year, he said something like "We can see a new Palestinian state sitting with us next year". The year came and he made it clear that he would VETO any membership proposal. He is very bold in the defense of Israel. I know its politics but he just doesn't show similar sympathy for the Palestinians.

The Arabs turned away from the Palestinian issue in the last 20 years. It was their common agenda against West during the 50s and 60s, during the reign of Gamal Abdel Nasser and his Pan-Arab vision. After his death and 1967 war, everyone seemed to compromise.

But recent involvement of Turkey is very positive. This is one Muslim country that I really admire, especially under the AKP government. I wish Bangladesh could emulate something like Turkey which is growing tremendously in both economics and politics. Turkey is getting very vocal against Israeli oppression and that would have an effect in the future.
Only months ago Obama went out of the way to speak out on 2-state solution with 1967 border claims. Thats as far as US presidents can go without killing any chance of re-election. Now, that he isn't backing Palestine on self-statehood; he becomes the bad guy? He took a lot of heat from Zionists as well as from the right for that speech.

I am not saying Palestinian asking for state is bad move. They have every right to do that, and they should do that; but we have to understand that US president can't directly accept that without political backlash. That's the reality.

There is no utopia where everyone is happy-happy. US will always be on Israel's side, that's the reality. This president is atleast rational in some of his actions.

This current issue puts Obama in a difficult spot. Lets see how it progresses.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.