View Single Post
Old March 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Zaheer Khan, Sachin

Well my last post on this forum ---

Here are my thoughts about BD cricket forum-
1. Even small disagreement about BD players performance or praise leads to many posts which do not try to argue by logic but instead try to ridicule the knowledge of person or even the person. I do get a feeling that there are not many people in the forum who can take criticism of BD players from a non-Bangladeshi.

2. There are lots and lots of good people on the forum and I will still enjoy reading the posts from those people.

3. Am I a real Bengali muslim? No, actually I am not a Bengali muslim. Only my late beloved paternal grand mother happens to be a Bengali Muslim. I lived with her for first 16 years of my life and for 16 years I used to think that I am Bengali Muslim. Only later I came to realize that I am actually of Sindhi decent and hence I do not look like most of the Bengali Muslims. My grand father worked in Chittagong from 1933 to 1947 before moving to Srinagar after partition. At heart I always felt like a Bengali Muslim and my grandmother always told me to be a good Bengali Muslim.

4. No I am not very smart or knowledgeable so obviously you guys are correct about Imrul or Tamim or Sidhu etc etc. I do not have anything to contribute as anyways Indian perspective is usually not even desired. Indians are only needed to praise BD players. I was advised earlier to ignore few posters and get on. But, I do get a feeling there are substantial number of people on this forum who do not have a positive outlook about India. I am a fierce Indian and a true Muslim. Criticism about any of these two is unbearable to me and hence no point in staying on this forum.

6. Just a tip to few people --- It does not look good when you distort the name of cricketers whom you hate. (Example Sehwag to Sehfag etc etc). Such people present a very poor picture of Bangladesh on a forum which is viewed by international community.

5. All the best to Bangladesh Cricket and I love you Bangladesh.

Al-hamdu lillahi rabbil 'alamin