View Single Post
Old November 10, 2010, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Tiger 2007 bro, great post. We have truly come a long, long way since I started following cricket[ICC trophy 1997] I am sure for the older one's the improvement is phenomenal, but we are on track to achieve something even bigger, maybe by 2030/2040 I will say "Once I thought winning the world cup was beyond our reach", if Allah permits.

Another thing I read in today's PA was the interview of Saber Hossain, he mentioned one thing, cricket is the only thing which creates an undivided Bangladesh. Doesn't matter if you are Hindu, Muslim, Christian or whether you support BNP/AL/JP or are fed up with politics, when the boys men in green go out there to take the field, we are all one. SH also mentioned how we do not have many things in the international arena to be proud of, being most corrupt country, floods/natural disasters are the last things we want to be recognized for. When I go to a remote village in Australia and say I am from Bangladesh, people still recognize me, thanks to cricket. Bangladesh cricket has given us so much, and it promises to be just the beginning.

Cricket is truly bigger than just a sport in our country, cricket ties us together, makes us one. When Broad/Finn hits Junaid in the shoulder, i don't know about you, but I feel the pain. When Shakib gets Sehwag caught or bowled, I cheer out as if it was myself taking the wicket, when Ash swings and misses the wide delivery, the frustration creeps in me as well. Cricket is a lovely game, but if it hadn't been for Bangladesh playing cricket, I don't think I'd be a die hard fan of the sport.

Thank you Bangladesh cricket for sending one of the few bright images about Bangladesh worldwide, thanks for the wonderful memories we got via this game.

PS: Win the goddamn world cup, will ya?