View Single Post
Old January 19, 2012, 05:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Good team none the less. Clearly we are not the strongest but our CTG team will do the same as the Rajsthan Royals of the 1st IPL.

My best XI (in batting order):

Tamim Iqbal (Icon player + VC)
Shamsur Rahman / Nasir Jamshed
Lendi Simmons / Shoaib Malik
Zahirul (wk)
D Bravo
Foisal Decans
Mahmudullah (C)
Farhad Reza
Ziaul Islam
Murali
Jerome Taylor

IMO this is the best XI. I prefer Mahmudullah than Tamim as captain, but most certainly TI will lead the squad...

Spin Bowling: Would love to pick Arafat Sunny or Enam jr but Decans and Mahmudullah (and maybe S Malik) can carry the spin department with the aid of the Spin guru Murlai.

Pace: Clearly the weakest part, but having said that - spin will be the key factor in this tournament. Also Jerome Taylor can destroy any batting line-up in his day. I believe he will be the fastest bowler in the tournement (unless Barishal picks Dirk Nannes). Zia lost his pace a bit but an asset in Lower order. Farhad Reza is also in good form.

Top Order: TI is the key player, no doubt. There are no top notch fast bowlers in other teams (No Dirk Nannes!!) - which is a big PLUS for Tamim's success. I prefer Shamsur as the second opener than pick a 5th O/S player (i.e Nasir Jamshed). And I will pick Lendi Simmons as number 3, his backup is K Cooper. Not sure why Shoaib Malik? His recent form is CRAP. If I have to plate the 5th O/S I will pick K Cooper or Nasir Jamshed instead of Malik. I will be missing two local players in top order: Nazim Uddin and Aftab.

Middle Oder: Strongest part of the team (along with Tamim factor). Experienced and steady with Bravo, Decans, Mahmudullah and my best pick Zahirul. Zahirul surely will catch some attraction in this tournament.

Lower Order: Will do great with Farhad and Zia's power hitting. Watch out for Zia - he can hit distance.

Go the CTG Kings!