View Single Post
Old January 4, 2018, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

My dad is from Habiganj but due to a mom from a different district and being born and brought up in Dhaka I do not possess any kind of accent in my Bangla dialect. Also, it keeps me free off any stereotypical idiosyncracies. Unfortunately, I experience a lot of direct hatred against Sylhetis among Bangladeshis from other districts of which I could not find any justifiable ground. What is the origin of such hate? Or is it mere jealousy shaped into self-aggrandization? Is this because Sylhet is the land of most pious men ever came to our country? Is it because it is the land of fuel, gas and natural resources? Or because Sylhetis are the first who democratically voted to select to stay with Bengal instead of Assam - paving the way for democracy in the region? Or just for tea or proudly serving as the largest supplier of foreign reserve since the inauguration of Bangladesh? I do not know but I believe as a Bangladeshi every single citizen is highly indebted to Sylhet and should consider it as a blessing that Sylhetis chose Bangladesh.

Last edited by One World; January 4, 2018 at 03:40 PM..