View Single Post
Old January 4, 2018, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
My dad is from Habiganj but due to a mom from a different district and being born and brought up in Dhaka I do not possess any kind of accent in my Bangla dialect. Also, it keeps me free off any stereotypical idiosyncracies. Unfortunately, I experience a lot of direct hatred against Shyletis among Bangladeshis from other districts of which I could not find any justifiable ground. What is the origin of such hate? Or is it mere jealousy shaped into self-aggrandization? Is this because Shylet is the land of most pious men ever came to our country? Is it because it is the land of fuel, gas and natural resources? Or because Shyletis are the first who democratically voted to select to stay with Bengal instead of Assam - paving the way for democracy in the region? Or just for tea or proudly serving as the largest supplier of foreign reserve since the inauguration of Bangladesh? I do not know but I beleive as a Bangladeshi every single citizen is highly indebted to Shylet and should consider it as a blessing that Shyletis chose Bangladesh.
Wait a minute!
You claim to be free from stereotyping and yet sound like a typical Sylheti, especially in your last remark which in other words tell me to idolize Sylhetis that I can't agree with simply because I may have a special feeling for a place in BD but can't impose that on others.

During my teen life, I was told to be aware of BNCC club. I considered it as a fun-fact and Sylhet was never part of it. Coming from a 90% Bikrompuri greater family, I didn't have the chance to mix with many Sylhetis. But I don't have any hatred for either Sylhotis or any other BAN districts despite their public notoriety. Bangladesh is a very small country and I really hate to distinguish people living there at any level.

One of my dear friends (whom I met in Canada) is half-Sylheti and half-Bikrompuri. He was a blind fan of Sylhetis and used to hate everything about Bikrompuris. Inevitably, we used to argue a lot as we used to argue about almost everything. But that never had any impact on our friendship.

Coming back to the original topic, I have an almost inactive Twitter account which isn't worth of sharing it here.