View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Former New Zealand fast bowler and current bowling coach of the same team Shane Bond said yesterday that Bangladesh deserved their 2-0 lead in the ongoing ODI series, praised the development of the Bangladesh team and claimed that the Tigers would be a threat to any team in very soon.

“We played some good cricket in patches, but not for long enough. There were times when we had Bangladesh under pressure and they responded very well. They totally deserver their 2-0 lead,” said Bond.

The 38-year old also informed New Zealand were concerned about another whitewash defeat, following the 4-0 hiding they received in 2010. “Oh yeah we talk about this and stuff, we talk about what we’ve learnt from the last series and what we can do differently, but that doesn’t change the fact that if the opposition outplays you, you get beaten. We have got a good side, we just need to play better,” said Bond.

Bond, who retired just before the previous tour of Bangladesh in 2010, praised the development and improvement of Bangladesh cricket and thought they were on the cusp of being a force in world cricket soon.

“I think they have come a long way. I played one of the early test matches against Bangladesh, you can see the confidence and experience grow. Although Bangladesh will be very difficult in home conditions, but the biggest challenge is how they will go when the wickets are a bit faster and bouncier. If they can get exposed to those kinds of wickets - history has shown what Sri Lanka has achieved - there’s no doubt about Bangladesh’s passion for cricket and the talent, that they will be a force wherever they play in the world,” he said.

Bond went on to specifically appraise Bangladesh’s pace bowlers. “I know Mashrafe (bin Mortaza) is a good new bowler, quite an experienced bowler. He had an injury but he looks fit and he is bowling fast and he has bowled well. Rubel (Hossain) gave us a demonstration of exactly how to bowl on these wickets and in these conditions. I thought he was exceptional. So no, I am not surprised. These guys have set a tone for the team up front. We always knew that spinners were going to be a challenge, but they have done a great job supporting the spinners. As a bowling unit, even though I think we bowled okay, I think they bowled better,” he said.
- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/....HZoy4gZ7.dpuf