View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 11:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Former Kiwi opening batsman turned columnist has been writing some Telegraph-esque pieces for NZ Herald. This was his latest:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/mark-richa...ectid=11150660
Choice quote:
Quote:
I am not being disrespectful to Bangladesh here or even the Black Caps because Bangladesh are a reasonable team now and not an easybeat - but a drawn test series and a whitewash in the ODIs is not acceptable and approaches hang-your-head-in-shame time.
Add that to the previous pieces this guy has written and we have a serious case of De-Nial not being a river in Egypt.

My response:
Quote:
Mark - aren't you the guy who once complained that when touring Bangladesh, the only thing worthwhile doing was buying pirated DVDs? Well guess what, you can add Kiwi rear-end-smacking to the list of fun things that happen there. I have been reading your articles on this tour and at no point are you near as gracious as the actual Black Cap players and the coaches. McCullum, Taylor, Bond et al have impressed all with their measured answers to annoying Banglawash questions from the local journalists and they have been lavish in their compliments to the emerging Bangladeshi team. You on the other hand are penning hackneyed headlines such as "failure is not an option". Funny thing, that's exactly the outcome that has transpired. Two teams, shorn of some star quality, went head to head and the team with better skills and hustle won. Handily. If you are not capable of respecting the opposition and writing pieces of substance, perhaps it's time to bust out that flesh colored suit of yours (from your days of end-of-tour-speed-race) and take a hike.