View Single Post
Old September 17, 2014, 04:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/779047.html

You're only as good as your system. Simple as that. Not rocket science as to why the strongest teams are the likes of England, Australia and South Africa. The rest of the teams also have better systems. You can see it in the way they play compared to us and Zimbabwe. Their players are not only talented, but they are developed to succeed in international cricket whereas our players rely on just pure talent. Yes our players are talented but talent alone isn't going to get you anywhere as we've seen. Yes our players might be getting better resources than other sports in the country but has it been better than the G8? I seriously have my doubts about that looking at the farcical nature of the local matches compared to the other Test nations.

That said, our players are also to be blamed a lot. You can't fault some of those shots our batsmen played all on BCB. Our players have to know their limitations and play within themselves. Unfortunately it seems as though they think they're better than they actually are. Hence, we hear comments such as "Vitori is ordinary" or "India is sending their A team." It could be the Indian and Pakistani influence. Our players grew up wanting to be like them. Indians and Pakistanis have far superior systems though. That's why following their style of play is the wrong way go. They should realize where they stand in world cricket

You can see even Zimbabwe play within themselves much better than our players. They know they aren't Sehwags or Gayles but they go about their business and more often than not, they fight hard. Their show was impressive against South Africa and Australia. Would our players show the fight they did? That's where our players fall behind the others. They lack the fight and self belief of other nations.
Good post

But I would still blame the players more. Tamim/Kayes/Riyad/Mushy/Razzak is playing cricket for 6-7 years now and under many coaches (Whatmore, Law, Pybus, SJ, now Haturi) and in many conditions (Asia, Eng, SA, WI) against all the top teams and have seen the top players in front of their own eyes AND yet shows no responsibility.

Tell me what more do they need? They only lack competitive FC matches but where is the improvement in ODIs then?

Okay I get they get pitches that are slow and low. Then why can't we even win T20s and ODIs in our home conditions consistently? Okay SL is a good team and we lost all. But why do we still lose to AFG/HK and get whitewashed by India C in the home condition?

What more can the board do to at least win against minnows and weaker teams? We get disgraced by below 100 scores and Stuart Binny gets his record figures.

Papon wins fake election, Faruk favors family, Akram Khan steals electricity, Durjoy becomes MP, Jalal Yunus stares in the camera..but still these are not any excuse for these performances.

The players have enough resources and training to win at least those matches and put up a fight. We aren't asking them to win WC. Just win those freaking games and be at least competitive.