View Single Post
Old May 22, 2010, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Look man you're just being abusive here, stop being a prick.

I never claimed Quran explains or claimed evolution, it only really talks about origin of life, thats all. But i also interpret the verse saying that all living things had a single origin, in line with theories of ambiogenisis. Origin of species is a key integral part of the whole theory.

You dont seem to understand evolution is a broad subject, you'd find a few verses saying God made adam in stages, but not a lot that is convincingly supportive, I haven't tried searching.

I only merely provided a Quranic support for a fraction.

Adam and Eve is another thing, again it has not been covered, I focused mainly on the physics and cosmology side in this thread.
Quote:
I never claimed Quran explains or claimed evolution, it only really talks about origin of life, thats all.
You provided three random quotes to a question that asked, "What does Quran say about evolution?" to a thread titled: "The Quran Science thread".

Abiogenesis is development of living organisms from nonliving matter.

Evolution is change of living organisms through natural selection.

They are different things. So asking a question about evolution gives me a overgeneralized answer to a hypothetical question about Abiogenesis, is being willfully disingenuous.

A simple statement of "Quran doesn't explain or support evolution in any shape or form", the first time around, would have be an apt and right answer. (which you agreed when I pointed out your fallacy)

Quote:
Look man you're just being abusive here, stop being a prick rude.
How am I being abusive or (prick which you changed) rude?

Pointing out the fact that Quran (or any religious scripture) doesn't have answer to all (or any) answer to science is rude? You should know that Science is the study of facts, and they become facts only after you are willing to question, argue, discuss, experiment, counter-point, research every statement and claims in all forms. If you just node your head and agree with everything some random guy spouted out, its not science.

And since this thread is "The Quran Science thread", it would be unreasonable for me not to question your dubious claims. Even if it make me "a prick" rude.