View Single Post
Old May 5, 2011, 03:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

So far our hero has surpassed warriors who've overdosed on Coca cola, fought Knight Raiders but managed to get captured. The idea of a script keeps popping up and Shakib suspects a certain owner. However he has met some people in the prison and is planning an escape. We take up the story...................

Shakib's story part 4- The ShahRukh-Shank Redemption 1
Shakib looked around at the other prisoners. There was a tall man playing elegant strokes, apparently forgotten. Danny Morrison was in a corner grining and laughing maniacally and bursting into unknown hindi songs and streams of "Karbonn kamal.. Banglawash........DLF". There were random people and KKR players. No one knew the state they were in, this was not how they'd pass the tension. Suddely a movement caught his eye.

A man-or was it a boy or was it a man child or a child man? He stood there making upper cuts against some invisible foe. He was humming a familiar song, shakib could catch the words "Nantu" and "Ghotok" with spontaneous bursts of "Aguner dola!".

"Ashraful!"
Ganguly looked at him dolefully.

"He broke in here you know, through a tunnel but then instead of leaving the way he came he went looking for an exit sign. The "wilderbeest" took him before you could say "Out". poor guy, hasn't been the same since, this place has driven him to insanity"

"No" said Shakib. Ganguly looked at him, hope rekindling in his eyes, could it be? Ashraful was alright but putting on an act? He could be useful.

"No," continued Shakib"he has always been insane."

Ganguly was brought back down to earth.

"Dada I thought you were finished"
Ganguly thoughtfully turned over his food. This was punishment to a bengali. The prisoners were subject to what was known as "The Warnie" diet. Spaghetti, pizza and baked beans. The pizza was bearable, however the baked beans had obvious devastating side effects, leading to the Dining Hall being labelled the "Gas Chamber".
But that wasn't the worst of it. They were force fed diuretics by hairy men dressed up in Mrs Warne suits.

"I thought I was, when I started this diet. Many didn't make it past the "Gas Chamber" the more battle hardened people passed through. I after all once shared a room with Sharad Pawar and occasionally with Ramesh Pawar." Ganguly spoke in a deep Narrator/Overtone and Morgan Freedmanesque voice.

"I ca't eat this Dada, there's got to be something else"

"Oh really SHakib? Must be desperate for Brad's Cake challenge then?"

Shakib turned around to see a thuggish looking KKR player.

"Come on then , you against my man, Balaji"

Shakib looked at Dada who nodded.

"You're on"
"You have to eat off my hand" and Haddin brought out a hand full of grit,grime and all manner of unspeakable materials that cannot be said on a family friendly forum.

Shakib was ready though, he'd learned a few tips from Tamim Iqbal "Khan-e wala" Khan.

"Start"
Shakib knew he had to go for the quick finish, with a lunge he bit with all his power, those years of training chewing [I]paan and shupari had paid off. He had masticator muscles of steel, Haddin's index finger stood no chance.

"Ore babare...tui ki korli.. bleep.....bleep" the shock and pain was so great that Haddin's neocortex malfunctioned, resulting in Haddin spontaneously picking up the Bengali language and a few unspeakable curses as well.

Haddin was out of the IPL with an injured finger. The secret of how it happened though is now out.

Shakib had lost some of his front teeth. But that didn't deter him.

"Let's teach him a lesson"
Balaji wasn't happy, neither was Haddin's mates. James "Beef Patty" Pattinson simply laughed.
"Good stuff Shakeeb, been wanting to do that for years but you know weak stomach and all.."

It was two and 12 and Shakib was sent to the hospital.

.................................................. .............several IPL matches had passed..............
"Don't worry Shakib those guys got punished. The worst type. They got SHah rukh-shanked. Getting shanked that hard will leave them with permanent injuries"

Shahrukh-shankign was in infamous method of punishment. No need for explanations
"Dada how do you make the those Lords Grounds? Where do you get the tools"
Ganguly was again destroying another ground and muttering things related to Eden Gardens, payback and Freddy FLintoff.

"I may be the Prince of Calcutta but I'm the king of contraband"
"Could you smuggle one of the bails used by Chanderpaul to mark his crease?"

And so Days went by, Shakib used the Bail, which was sharpened over years of "Chanderpauling" to carve things on to the prison walls.

"Dada we need to get out of here and I've got a plan"
"I know, you'll need to cover what you're doing though"
"I need something people won't look at"
"I have posters...............of .......players?" Ganguly was anxious
-------------------------------
The sunlight streamed through the Warden's window. It was a beautiful day, motes of dust floated up off the ground to freedom, sparkling in the brilliant sunlight. Time seemd to stand still. The Warden left his room for Prison inspections.

All was in order. He finally reached Shakib's cell.

It was empty.

"NOOOOOO" the warden went into a rage, flipped over his mattress and went through his belongings. He wasn't there. Only a poster remained that seemed to mock him.

Arjuna Ranatunga filled up the Poster apparently after a well finished "Biyer Dawat". The warden did not want to see such a sight. In his rage he picked up a nearby rock and threw it.

It went through Ranatunga's vast belly almost as though it had been consumed. He walked up to the poster and tore it to reveal a tunnel............................................ ...........................

TO BE CONTINUED (MAYBE)