View Single Post
Old March 19, 2011, 03:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Second what Eshen said - reluctant to make wholesale changes in the team, but have to do it out of necessity. Of the current squad, those I would persist with :

Tamim, Imrul, Junaed, Nafees, Mushy, Shakib
Shubho, Razzak, Shafiul, Rubel, Nazmul

Those whose positions need to be reconsidered :

Rokibul & Riyad : Better prospects for Tests. They don't fit in the ODI mould, especially for the modern day game, where an utility player who can both bat and bowl well has more use.

Naeem : he disappointed me bigtime. Yes he never was used as the top-order batsman he always was before breaking into the national team, and may have had his batting style tweaked by Siddons for the lower-order position, but a top-order batsman should be able to adjust in due time. Naeem simply failed at that. Mon uthe gese...

Time to bid adios : Ashraful

Beneficiary of the changes : Mashrafe, Jahirul, Shabbir, Nasir

Captaincy : Shakib is the best we have for the role, but his individual performances both with bat and ball are getting hindered. Shakib couldn't inspire the team to win in cruch pressure situations (both WI and SA were games we needed to win), and to me, that is simply succumbing to enermosity of the pressure of expectations. If Mashrafe is fit, give him the duty and take it one series at a time.

With all the factors in mind, my XV for the Aussie series :

Tamim, Imrul, Nafees, Mushy (wk), Shakib, Jahirul, Nasir, Shubho, Shafiul, Mashrafe (c), Razzak
Junaed, Shabbir, Rubel, Nazmul