View Single Post
Old January 15, 2008, 01:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Do fans need to lower their expectation or do they need to control their unrealistic/unconstructive outburst?
There are different groups of fans and their respective expectations. But there is one thing commond in all of them and that is to see Bangladesh play a level of cricket which tell us that they are putting in an honest effort and they are learning day by day or game by game.

How long does one take to learn that if you put your hand on fire you will get burned? 4-times, 10-times or 25-times? I believe a child learns it after just few instances. Our batsmen showed a net zero progress in changing their attitude towards batting. Some game they do well and most others they go back to the old habbit; net is zero. I expect them to learn and understand the concept of putting a price on ones wicket. So far they haven't show any yet; more damaging is that the leader (captain) is among the worst. He is the one with the highest skills with bat and with the least brain power to realize that skill with inappropriate application is nothing short of stupidity. By no means I am implying we need change our captain. He is the most eligible for the job right now and since he is the one who has the capability to show the way to others I hold him most accountable.