View Single Post
Old March 4, 2010, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
For good or bad, it is a fact that Shaqib is the poster boy of Bangladesh at the moment. Almost everyone now equates Bangladesh as Shaqib's team, just like how people say Vettori's NZ, Shaqib has gained a reputation as a captain that other ex-captains of our team has never received before, no body called Bashar's bangladesh or Mahmud's Bangladesh, but you will increasingly see, the international media say Shaqib's bangldesh, he really has that captain aura about him. I personally feel we needed a down-to-earth, straightforward captain just like him, its the best thing that could've happened to have the captaincy taken from Mash. The reason I say this, is because Mash just p[roved how egotistic and selfish he is after he left the team hotel, while Shaqib first played in the leagues after he took a break from the National team for exams and then came back to the team. Mash would've sucked as a captain
I don't know whether Mash would have made a good or a bad captain, but it doesn't make sense to switch the captaincy now, especially with the World Cup coming up in twelve months' time.

And the board needs to treat Shakib better.