View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Only a handful of Pakistanis have been good so far; maybe a quarter of the contingent at best. Shehzad, Jamshed for sure...and maybe Arafat as well. That's 3 out of 14 players who are playing. Overall, I think there's way too much Pak-love. And I hate the fact that the Pak players are (on oo many occasions) being addressed in Urdu by their Bengali teammates, in the month of February at that. Anamul calling out to Azhar Memmod springs to mind. So does Mushy to Abdul Razzaq.

I take your point on number 2. At any rate, the guys from the Associate nations are making good money, so they needn't complain.

I really hope the organizers make a real effort to stress that this is a Bangladeshi event first and foremost. I can only hope that this aspect improves as the tournament progresses.

Stadiums are still too empty for my liking. CK vs KRB was not even half full. DG vs BB was maybe half full. HSC or no HSC, I think attendance has been rather poor. There's world class players on show in Bangladesh...what more do people want?

They should commit to two new stadia for the next season. There has to be more of a home and away feel to the matches. Teams should be scared to travel to the home venues of their opponents.

Frankly, I don't think our batsmen are that crap. I think there's been too much of an inferiority complex. First four or five batsmen being foreign is just plain unnecessary. Our guys may be bad, but not that bad. At least Mizanur, Anamul, Junaid, Imrul, Jahurul, Ashraful, Nafees, Riyad and Alok have appeared as top order batsmen, so I'm not overly upset. They will need to find consistency to prove their worth.