View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 07:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
He needs to be more attacking. That will throw the bowlers off their lines and present even more bad balls. He needs to stop tuk tuking like he did in 2010. Of course there will be times he will need to temper his approach like the last innings vs NZ. One of his best innings and very unlucky not to have scored a hundred. If I recall it was a really good ball from Kane Williamson that got him out.
exactly.... i dont think his defenses are technically proficient and barring exceptions, he doesnt have that kind of patience to build an innings or occupy the crease for a long time. Eventually he tries to break the shackles and go after the delivery he shouldnt. He should stick to his quick 50s and than slowing down a bit and aim for those 100s. What that does is breaks the confidence of the bowling unit and even if he falls early, he puts run on the board and makes the fielding captain move back his players a little bit. I would take 7 quick 50s out of 10 innings anyday over 2 100 out of 10.