View Single Post
Old September 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
Cricket Savant

BCB Media Release

PHOTO (C) BCB:
1. Hamilton Masakadza is about to be stumped off the bowling of Abdur Razzak.
2. Tamim Iqbal steadies himself to catch Malcolm Waller.
3. Mohammad Ashraful pierces the cover region.
4. Mohammad Ashraful is bowled by Graeme Cremer after putting Bangladesh well on course of a victory.

‘There’s a nice balance’

Saturday, 15 September 2012

COLOMBO: Mohammad Ashraful, who scored a 25-ball 38 in Bangladesh’s five-wicket victory over Zimbabwe in the first official warm up match of the 2012 ICC WT20 at Colts CC, reflects on the win –

Overall impression of the match
It would have been better if we had won with more wickets in hand but it is a satisfying result nevertheless. It was not an easy wicket, a touch on the slower side and therefore we had to work quite hard in the middle.

His new found consistency
I guess the opener’s role has suited me well. I have been opening the innings for a while now and have made some important contributions while batting with Tamim. Ofcourse I would love to play bigger innings’ but we have not batted on the best of Twenty20 wickets in recent times. Hopefully the tracks for the main tournament games will be more batting friendly and I will try to take this form into those games.

The flurry of wickets in the middle overs when Bangladesh batted
In a Twenty20 game this can happen. A couple of tight overs and wickets may fall. However, we were never unduly concerned. There is a very nice balance to our team. The way Ziaur Rahman and Mahmudullah batted despite the loss of three or four wickets after Shakib and I had brought the run rate down, it was an example of the confidence in this side.

The bowling effort
I thought we were pretty sharp in the field. We never relaxed despite this being a practice match. The intensity was good. The bowlers gave a great effort in the hot and sultry conditions.

Razzak.JPG

Tamim.JPG

Ashraful.JPG

Ashraful out.JPG

BCB Logo.jpg