View Single Post
Old July 28, 2002, 10:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Durjoy and Rafique back for ODI!

Don't know if this was posted already or not but just read the following in the Independent. Glad to hear Rafique is back. Don't know about Durjoy though. Moni would have been a better choice even though they have different bowling styles. Don't want to skeptical though. The break from international cricket might have had Durjoy more focused bowling and batting.

Sujon is back as well. I think he is a better batsman than a bowler and should be played only as a batsmen. He get's hammpered when he bowls in ODIs. Needless to say, Nannu would have been the best choice for the ODI as an all rounder but I guess I'll never live to see if my predictions ever come true.

Durjoy, Sujon, Rafique to play in ODI series

Sports Reporter

Bangladesh Cricket Board has decided to send three cricketers for the upcoming One-day international series with Sri Lanka.

Former national captain Naimur Rahman Durjoy, all-rounders Khaled Mahmud Sujan and Mohammed Rafique will join the squad in Colombo. Durjoy, Sujan and Rafique will leave for Colombo on July 31.

Meanwhile, four cricketers Akram Khan, Aminul Islam Bulbul, Enamul Haque Moni and medium pacer Alamgir Kabir will be sent back to Dhaka after the end the of the second Test match which begins today.

Bangladesh will play their first ODI on August 4, the second on August 5 and the third on August 7. All matches will be held in Colombo.