Thread: FTP 2018
View Single Post
Old February 28, 2018, 08:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
so that logic entails that the Aussies could not have played anyone for nearly a decade when they were head and shoulders better than the #2 ranked side.
My comment was specific to Bangladesh. If Steve Waugh’s Aussies lost to Tendu & co it won’t make any difference.

it comes down to respect. Bangladesh despite the progress are not respected in the boy’s club.

Minnow to giant killers to upsetters to home tigers, but never really... equals.

An opposing captain prefaces BD as “dangerous on their day” before a match. They never say that about Pak or WI even tho BD is supposedly ahead.

Anything other than a clean sweep of Zim, Ire, Scotland, Afg, Nepal would bring back ALL those doubting BD as a respectable cricket franchise.

So to your point, you can never really go into playing AFG as just another game as Ind vs Aus.

BD loses, it becomes the butt of all jokes. The mockery, the humiliation becomes ten fold.

A 100 run defeat against Aus for BD and nobody will panick.It’s part of the plan.

A 5 run defeat against Afg for BD would require a few people to lose their place in the team, a coaching change and selector sweep.