View Single Post
Old August 28, 2008, 10:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

T_E

Great enthusiasm you have for College football.

Cowboys did what they had to and it was a great success following Walker's departure. That type of wholesale trade of picks is a rarity indeed. Last person to do so was Ditka with NO Saints. He traded everything for the right to pick Ricky Williams. Didn't go that well for him though.

Arkansas surely has a great tradition of RB's. I will root for them this year as a show of support to you.

Jim Brown is indeed the standard bearer of all running backs. But, the others that you mentioned, including OJ and Campbell, were greats in their own right. Sadly, I didn't see them live. I have seen Barry Sanders though. He was electric. Among this generation of backs, I admire Adrian Peterson the most, but I am not sure about him having a long career, specially the way he runs.

Bama-Clemson is a big game.

I still can't hojom the fact that our local boy ( Pittsburgh area stud ) Terrel Pryor has gone to Ohio State. I hate them. What can we do? He is a future superstar and obviously he wants to go to a team that has national spotlight. Wanstadt tried till the last moment to get him to go to PITT. The Steelers even dispatched Charlie Batch ( back up QB and Pryor's mentor/neighbor ) to change his mind. But, why would he go to a third ranked program? In High school, he was a both State Champion in Football ( QB ) and Basketball. He is so highly rated that had he chosen basketball as a career, he would have got drafted in NBA straight away this year.. Watch out for him in Ohio State this year. He won't start, but, he will come in for some plays. He has unbelievable jets..