View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Wednesday, 30 May 2012
BCB Media Release
Richard Pybus becomes Bangladesh Coach

Richard Pybus has been confirmed as the next Head Coach of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team. The 47-year-old England-born coach has agreed a two-year term with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and is expected to join the Tigers ahead of the Tour of Zimbabwe for the Tri-Nation T20 tournament next month.

Pybus said he was excited about his new assignment and was eager to start working: “I am delighted at the opportunity of coaching Bangladesh. I am looking forward to getting busy with the boys.

“We have an active schedule ahead of us and for me the next few months will be about building relationships with the players and the coaching staff and ensuring that the progress made up to the Asia Cup continues.”

Pybus had turned to cricket coaching in his mid-twenties after injury had halted his playing ambitions. He coached Border in South Africa before taking over the Pakistan team’s responsibility twice between 1999–2001 and 2003. Following a second spell with Border, he went on to coach Middlesex and the Titans before deciding to return to the international fold by accepting terms with Bangladesh.