Thread: Syria crisis
View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I personally don't think there's much difference between the likes of Bashar, Saddam, and Gaddafi. They're all filthy creatures - ruthless, tyrranical rulers who would go to any extremes to satisfy their lust for unlimited power and wealth. But from what I've been reading there's no concrete evidence that the chemical weapons assault was carried out by Assad. Many are suspecting the rebels might be behind it...and it doesn't really make much sense for Bashar to invite UN inspectors, put them up in hotels and launch an attack just 10 miles from where they're staying. That's the reason why so many including the belligerent Rumsfeld isn't convinced there's enough evidence to implicate Assad for this particular action.

Now if there's a way to send a few drones to take Assad out, I have no problem with that, but I do worry a bit when so many more innocent civiliians become casualties of war than the number of those being avenged.

I feel the leaders of this country need to level with the people and let them know the real situation instead of tampering with evidence and manufacturing stories like WMD's before the Iraq war and now this. We've seen what happened in Iraq. The country is in far worse state than it was during Saddam's regime. I just find it ironic that in a country where most people are such decent, compassionate human beings, most of the leaders end up becoming worse than ruthless dictators when it comes to foreign policy.