View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 02:29 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Thanks Ian for bringing out the best in DG! We'd love to see as our head coach, naysayers who didn't believe in us, can go to hell.

What is the secret though? How did you do it that brought the best in the team?
Having Shakib, Mash and Ashraful in your dressing room requires some understanding of how to handle people as each player requires and expects something different often times.

I think it helped me with the local players having been a coach in BD before and it is always the secret to keep players morale high.My only disappointment was not being able to get Rocky more opportunities. He is quite simply, the very best team member a squad could have.

Not everyone fired in the team and not everyone performed as they wished. But we got enough DIFFERENT people to contribute and this is a clear factor when trying to win over 14 matches.

Being a Head Coach is all about how you blend what you have available and how you keep everyone mentally on track. The spirit and atmosphere in the DG changing room was exceptional. And this single factor is the most important of all - self belief

I wish BD well in SL. And my message to Shane Jurgenson or any other coaches who come in to work with the players is simple: regardless of who they are, every person wants to be made to feel special. Make sure that feeling permeates through the team so they can believe anything is possible.