View Single Post
Old November 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
Cricket Sage

In this series I just hope the following:

1. Once Set, Tamim go for the century with caution.

2. Consider this ODI as a career survival innings. Its getting harder and harder to justify his inclusion in ODI.

3. Ash selects less risky shots to hit a ball and continue to concentrate on building an innings first. With his skill, he don't need to hack a ball to maintain a healthy RR.

4. I hope Rakibul play the anchor role again, atleast at the begining of his innings.

5. I hope Sakib use Nazmul more and set Naeem's role and expectation and let him play accordingly.

6. I hope Ryiad prevent any more slippage in this series and continue to grow as he did in last couple of years and surpised a few including myself.

7. I hope Rahim understand that, wicket keeping is his primary role, batting is a plus. He is such a disapointment as wicket keeper. May be its time for him to think about giving up WC and concentrate more as specialized batsman. I think there is his strength.

8. I feel Naeem is confused about his role and expectation from him. And I blame to the management for that. If Naeem bats at #8, that means, he needs to bowl more and often. Looks like they used him as a #7th bowler behind Ashraful. Sakib need to set up Naeem's role and let him be successful or failure. Right now I don't know what's is his real role in the team. A bowling all-rounder? a batting all-rounder? a specialized bowlers? a future specialized batsman? Who knows. And may be thats why a confused Naeem is going nowhere.

9. I hope more confident Enamul shows his worth in a team, specially when we play at home.

10. I hope Razzak come back as a slogging batsman also, the way he used to be a year ago.

11. Nazmul is a specialized bowler and only FB in the team and he was bowling pretty good in 3rd ODI. We underused him in 3rd ODI. Who knows, we may just missed the opportunity to see getting his 5th wicket in 3rd ODI. I hope, if he play like last ODI, we use him more.

Last edited by Fazal; November 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM..