View Single Post
Old December 28, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Because it's a league with privately owned teams, I hope the investors will take care of their benefits and no need to worry so much of corruption and all. If the teams don't find it profitable, they will shout out louder.

National economy will benefit almost the same either way. No question of losing, since government money is not being utilized. And those who are crying it to be a copy of IPL, it has been proven to be profitable and workable, so why should we change it? We aren't known for innovation either, in any field. So what's the problem in copying IPL? Even IPL isn't originally an Indian concept.

Whatever is the final outcome, I personally welcome the idea of BPL and irrespective of all the skepticism, I think this will greatly benefit our cricket and cricketers, in terms of money, exposure and improvement.
I think so too. And I am pretty sure that after 2-3 seasons of BPL, we wont be suffering in BPP anymore. And the mindset of our players will improve significantly as they will be playing and sharing the dressing room with some quality players. Atleast they wont lose the game before it actually started. This maybe boom boom cricket or picnic cricket or however you want to name it but I think this can be a way to improve our cricket.

Now that we have copied IPL why not also copy Ranji tournament BCB? Trust me BCB, its not that bad...