View Single Post
Old November 10, 2012, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

12 years is not a small period. A 7 year old kid back in 2000 may be dominating test players' nightmares now.
And we have to stop blaming others for our faults. We can blame the umpires, the conditions, the ballboys, but in the end it is our fault that we have not achieved 1/12th of what was expected. We have some fundamental flaws in our system and we have to point them out and sort them out before Ireland, Scotland make fools out of us.
Here are few issues I think BCB should consider.
1. Pace bowlers: You do not play test matches with two sub par pacers. Truth is, we have not produced a single pace bowler of test quality. Mortaza, who is without a doubt the best pacer we have, has a test average of 41.48. Do that in an Australian, South African team, and you would never get a second look. We need to groom pacers from grass root level. Pick a group of 50 boys from around the nation, put them in a pace academy and reap the rewards in 7-8 years. Make an academy where you eat to become a pacer, you train to become a pacer, you dream of crushing oppositions helmets.
In the meantime, while we sharpen our pace brigade, we need to look overseas for opportunities. I am certain there are few Bangladeshi origin pacers in England/Australia/South Africa who are worth a go. We need pacers, and the Abuls, the Rubels are simply not doing the job.

2. Instil the winning mentality: Technically, none of our batsmen are far behind other international teams, yet they struggle to make the transition. I believe we need to provide each FC team with a sports psychologist, make the players believe in themselves. Make sure the winning mentality is within the players from a very early age. Scoring a 50 where your team loses, is simply not good enough. Win, at whatever cost.