View Single Post
Old February 12, 2007, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Not only I would bench Mashrafe but also rafiq and SN. I would allow Rasel, Shahadat to open and Taposh to be the third pacer. Depending on the 15 men roster I would open with Tamim and Rajin or Mehrab Jr. and tamim or whoever is included as an opener.

This only for the Tri-series and to answer some questions. If Pilot and Mushi both are included then both play.

As for the warmup matches against NZ and Canada we go with the best 11.
Very much agree with you, only that SN should play in those matches as he still lacks in overseas experience. Also, if we are pairing him up with Tamim, it is important that we give them as many matches as possible to build a good understanding among them. If Tamim fails in those matches and we have to bring Rajin in warm up matches, Rajin should be ok as he is already experienced in West Indian condition and also with openning with SN.

Ashraful should be also rested for those matches as he does not do well against "choto dols".

So my team would be-

SN
Tamim (though I would prefer Rokon in his place, but that would be just a wishful thought)
Aftab
Mushfiq
Bashar
Sakib
Tushar/Farhad (whoever get selected. Hoping to see one of them keeping Mashud out of the squad)
Tapash
Razzak
Sharif/Rasel (whoever get selected)
Shahadat

Last edited by TheWatcher; February 12, 2007 at 03:20 PM..