View Single Post
Old August 1, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Preview of the team of some zimbawean member is their forum...
Quote:
warwolf, We are playing Bangladesh and so discussing Bangladesh (in a game against Zim players no less) is entirely appropriate and welcome as far as I'm concerned. I liked the insight from your interplay with A_BD_Fan; that Razzak is generally not viewed as a Test player. That suits me fine because I've had nightmares of him taking Five-fors all over the place.

As for this match,like the other practice matches, they've been entirely fruitful for Zim. Now Mutizwa has played himself into the test team, and Mawoyo out of it. I still have lingering concerns about Ervine's form but his 42 has saved him I think. With Raza waiting in the wings ready to pounce like Mutizwa has done, I'd be careful if I was him. The middle order finally becomes stronger with Mutizwa and Taibu in (Chakabva has failed to convince) but the opening slot is still up for grabs on a permanent basis if we keep Taylor at 4. Masakadza likes to be at 3, so let's keep him there. Sibanda will open, so no problems there (finally, I remember the uproar just this guy's name used to provoke at ZCF ). Taylor at 1 and Mutizwa at 4 can be a permanent first choice lineup for a long time and I like it. I'm not adverse to Taylor at 4 and some other opener found but not for the Bangladesh test, the time for experiments is over (although since I proposed the "Mutizwa for opener" experiment, I reserve the right to back that theory despite what I've just said ). Taibu didn't have a good time with the bat but his wicketkeeping practice must have done him some good and besides, he and Chigs have the proven ability to get a 100 somewhere. I still don't know whether Meth or Utseya or none will get in but that's a good problem to have