View Single Post
Old May 10, 2007, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Question to Bashar: why you didn't instill another fielder or two within the circle when india was in trouble?

Expected Reply: I am not a risk taker. If I had put another one or two fielders within the circle then the match could have been over 5 overs early. They could go over the top and score boundaries.

Question to bashar: Well that is the idea. It forces the batsmen to chose a specific route which is much risky for the batsmen than easy singles.

Expected Reply: There are other ways of getting out. Such as bowled and LBW.

Question to Bashar: But a captain need to attack when a new batsman comes in.

Expected Reply: As I said, I am not a risk taker. I wait till opponent batsmen make mistakes. We won that way against SA.

Question to Bashar: We understand that but you play the game according to your strength. If you put 7 in the box and let SLAs bowl, opponent wouldn't find the gap that easy. If the singles dry up the pressure builds. Its simple equation.

Expected Reply: My equation is different than yours. I do everything for the team.

I think above is the mindset of Bashar shaheb. He can't/don't like changes. For continuous improvement change is necessary Bashar shaheb. Be it in business world or sports.

The point of all this is to show he may not believe in aggressive fielding and putting pressure on opponents. Thus he may even not know that what he is doing is wrong in specific time. as Sadi said, You can't teach someone who don't want to learn.
The Answers (sure you can chose more than just one...): -

A) /

B) /

C) /

Last edited by Sohel; May 11, 2007 at 02:06 PM..