View Single Post
Old May 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Worst ever selection process in Faruq era! Mushfiq should have been kept ahead of Pilot or at least he could be easily selected as a specialized batsman. Tamim's exclusion is well judged but why is Aftab out of the club makes no sense to me. Beamer mentioned that Aftab got to learn how to play spin before considering himself as a Test player. I wonder if there is any single batter in our team who is comfy with quality spin attack except Ash. Aftab, if not for a long innings, has all the ability to score runs (which is similarly important in Test cricket) in any given wicket condition irrespective to one day or Test format.

Mehrab Jr's inclusion is also a tough call. He didnt justify his talent while playing for A team. Ok ok, I will still consider him well ahead of javed Omar, when the later has no right to play either version of cricket with zero technique and inability to click the score board.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life

Last edited by Navarene; May 12, 2007 at 02:54 PM..