View Single Post
Old June 29, 2009, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Not Necessarily.

From the Point of View of Bangladesh: Popularity of any game is ultimately good for us. It can be either Football or Computer Games. If children likes our own Football than Salauddin's dream can be true. We will be respected from others for Football that our previous generation always says "Amader Ager Football Ar nei". This is a very general comments from our Babas & Dadas. (Sorry Kidding). I personally don't believe it because we were never be respected as a Football playing Nation. In the case of other games also if they get popularity than what's the problem? It is good for us. Because, a country generate internal popularity when that country is more or less doing well internationally. Good result from any game is good from the point of view of Bangladesh.

From the Point of View of Cricket: As per I know Cricket is not the number 1 popular game in some other Test playing nations. Like Australia. According to popularity it is the 4th (Football, Rugby, Tennis than Cricket). But, they are 4 times World Champion. Almost same goes to England. Cricket comes after some other games. Even once upon a time India & Pakistan's most popular game was Hockey. So popularity doesn't ensure the establishment of the Game Culture.

Presently Cricket is the most popular game in Bangladesh because of the result. Before 1997 if we go back to early 90s Football was the most popular. We always discuss we have to do this things or that things but did we ever discuss that "We have to increase our popularity"? I don't thing so .The initial thing that was needed is done. By the popularity we achieved the Base of our Cricket. That’s enough.

So the establishment of Cricket or Continuation of high standard only need proper Planning & Implementation (almost everywhere it is needed).

Don't Worry Brother. If we just can have some proper Planning & Implementation and if our National Team continues their good performance in International Level Cricket will be established.