View Single Post
Old December 29, 2010, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
funny thing is every couple of years some toddler from India smashes 350 runs not out from 120 balls in a 50 overs game...this happens all the time. couple years ago it was some kid named jamal ahmad or something. today its armaan jaffer. and they're always something crazy. yet none of these kids pan out...makes you wonder if these stats are real and true. could be sensationalized reporting cuz we see whats happening in Durban right now.
This is a poor post objectively and vague one at best. I don't recall "every couple of years some toddler from India smashes 350 runs not out from 120 balls in a 50 overs game". Any proof or purely a fiction of imagination?

Yes, there was a kid in news recently before this 498. But that kid he is still a kid, if i remember correctly. And who else was ever in news from India for the so called "350 runs not out from 120 balls in a 50 overs game"? Anything even close?

"yet none of these kids pan out...makes you wonder if these stats are real and true."

I know atleast 2 kids who made it big as a kid and panned out. So how can you claim "yet none of these kids pan out"?

These kids may or may not make it big. But to dismiss them in this manner is an insult to their feat. No, it doesn't happen all the time, not to my knowledge, or to the knowledge of anyone i know of. And i do have fair interest in what happens in India. Any 13 year old who can score 498 deserves his moment in the sun, whether or not he goes on to climb the everest.