View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think both quality and quantity are equally important. the quality has to be there and currently it isn't, possibly a franchise system will improve the quality as the places available for each franchise will hot up and players will get more motivated and perform better and improve. but definitely there needs to be a good amount of 4-day games played, experience in different match situations is vital, learning the trade, what to do when, when to attack, when to hold off, these are things players can only learn during a match and thus match play/quantity is important.

some teams got 7 matches last NCL season, others got 10, we need those numbers to rise to 14-20 matches a season.
I dont think total number of FC matches is a big issue.Last year both indian and srilankan players played around 10 FC matches per head where as we played 8/9 matches.I think main issue is quality and domestic structure.Indian cricketers start to play longer version from school cricket. They have U-19 longer version tournament,Every state team have their Senior,intermediate and junior team. These are the things those are paying for INDIA.
We need to restart the school cricket,every division should have their academy and junior team with a junior level longer version match.