View Single Post
Old December 3, 2010, 07:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
I'm convinced yet!

Let him do it Consistently and against Top 8 sides and not ZIMBABWE .

btw have to give him credit for his innings today. WellDone.
He has done it against the top 8 teams too. You guys seem to be forgetting that just before the New Zealand series he scored an aggressive 75 against England in English conditions. Unfortunately after that, he got injured. I believe in the New Zealand series he was simply out of form. No matter who the opposition is, Rok almost always provides stability to out fragile batting order. The difference between these two matches versus Zimbawe should clearly show that stability is much more important than flashiness.

Rakib has proven that he can shift gears(the first-class 100 against England before he "retired", his rapid innings in the NCL ODIs are good examples too) but his role in the team doesnt allow him to free his arms. I have always preferred Raqib instead of "jodi-laigga-jai" Ashraful. Maybe its because I have always thought average being more important than strike-rate for a middle-order batsman.

@people who say Rakib only scores one 50 in 10 matches, I think you are mistaking him for Ashraful. If what you said were true, Rok's average would be as low as Ashraful. Even if Rok doesnt score a 50 he holds the innings together for us and almost always score 35+ runs which is still better than Ashraful's adventurous -10 runs.

What impresses me the most about players like Juhurul and Rakib are, they are always trying to improve themselves arnd are trying to prove a point. For example, I think Rakib hit those flurry of boundaries after reaching his 40s, just to prove that he can play his shots if he wants to. In other words, he takes nothing for granted and has a "patla chamra" while Ash has a "Gondarer Chamra", (i.e Ash thinks he will always have a place in the national team and has already proved his ability in the past which makes any further showing off reduntant, you know, like "I have already shown it all")

@Guys who want Rakib only in Tests and not in ODIs, well think again, Rakib is much better in ODIs than he is in Tests. Ashraful on the other hand, sucks in every form of the game (he sucked in Asian Games T20)

Last edited by dark mage; December 3, 2010 at 08:19 AM..