View Single Post
Old September 23, 2009, 02:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
To run Cricket board you need business and management skills running a business and you need background in that sports, as you need both to run BCB as its a sports as well as a business. Trust me, cricket is a business now a days and to survive you need marketing and management skills to run it efficiently in the open market.

And typically a Army man is none of the above (that I mentioned). Army rule will NOT work in cricket world, you need successful managers from civilian world who have background in cricket. Just see what is happening in Pakistan, where historically there is almost always a Army man as the President of PCB. With so many taleneted players comming from nowwhere and see what PCB is doing... screwing up pakistan cricket.

Army's "Mota Buddhi" will not work with cricket, nor will Army's chain of command. Army rule will NOT work in cricket world. You want strong physical and mental discipline? You don't need Army to lead your board. Just look at other successful countries.

Finally when the country is bankrupt in morality, its not only politicians who are morally corrupt, its applies other aspects of the country... like businessman, judges, police, army, govenment executives, all. And Army in 1-11 proved that they are NOT immune to corruption, when they get he opportunity, they are equally corrupt (while in the Army as well as after they retire from Army).
What about Patriots? As Wikipedia points out:

Quote:
In his book "How Football Explains America", Sal Paolantonio noted the many parallels between the Patriots philosophy and military training taught at West Point. This is likely the result of Bill Parcell's having coached at Army for four years and Bill Belichick's close ties with the Naval Academy.
Generally speaking "militaristic approach" can often shed new personae, zeal and wit to the game. But, you are right it may not work for our country since we are not so strong or sharp as far as military strategy and willpower is concerned, but in general I think abu vai is right.

I personally wouldn't want my team to be run by some greedy, money-hungry, business tycoon who wouldn't instill the value of valor and honor in the pride of representing/playing for a national team.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles