View Single Post
Old May 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Angry Irate as hell and don't wanna take it anymore !

Watched the Habamoni versus Beiman match live on BTV World today and I MUST say, it was not time well-spent at all.

If “good cricket” is a contest between bat and ball mitigated by character and environment, even in a 50-over cricket entertainment affair, what we were subjected to was the farthest thing from it. Then again, one may choose to skew reality for the sake of dealing with it better, and find the real contest between the visibly blasé cricketer and his own stupidity “entertaining”.

YES, the quality of the cricket was pretty appalling, the players, led by MaMu, lacked fire and like the Habamoni versus Amago Akaimma Ahammoks’ televised match last week –- less than 500 people wasted their time in the stands.

Friends and families of those directly involved in the match, a few people who owe them money and are trying to buy additional time through this sort of oiling, local loafers who have nothing better to do, reporters, and finally deeply troubled fans not willing to deal with BTV newsbreaks. Very touching indeed.

The sheer number of totally ordinary deliveries fetching an extraordinary number of wickets, thanks to the casual disregard honed by our batsmen for the basics, is nothing short of mind-numbing.

Having said all that, Rafique bowled superbly today and took Alok’s wicket when he was beginning to threaten a Beiman comeback of sorts with his top scoring 33 runs, despite having the hugely overrated skinny boy Robin at the other end, fighting with his bat but still managing to score 11 runs and drink from Ashraful's holy grail of "double figures".

Alok’s Syloti has been significantly Bengalized for TV since the last time I heard him. Mixed emotions about that. Gone are the charming little “khoz” and “ghoz” …

Both Nazmul and Zia bowled really well to ground Beiman from the start as their batsmen managed to do the rest all by themselves. Nazmul’s disciplined line and length with a bit of early swing was pretty impressive. Zia has been working-out and all the extra muscle looks good on him. I thought his pace was pretty decent, but he should’ve tried to get more bounce. Talha continues to take wickets in every game.

MaMu and Robin by sharp contrast, looked tired and weak respectively, and bowled like true Mugdapara Bastuhara Kiriket Shaungho’s lapatta pileaj ! DISGUSTING stuff. List A status for this crap ? Let’s not try and defraud ICC more than we have already. We will get caught in the end, AGAIN !!!

Batting-wise, Habamoni’s Lankan chubster outclassed everybody with some wonderfully middled shots, including a couple of booming 6s over long on, and Bulbul’s team cruised to victory, and possibly the title with a superior run rate. The way this bloke made the so called opposition’s bowlers his oft-slappable b**ch is enough for me never to think about flying Beiman again. To his immense credit, Tushar kept him company near the inevitable end, and he did well not to throw his wicket away. Beiman’s bowling and clueless captaincy really helped.

Chhanuar’s so called captaincy and lollipop bowling, now SIGNIFICANTLY worse than ever, helped the BAL boys reach the pathetic target in record time. That fool should’ve used Mosha Rubel instead of himself or Nabil Samad, also unimpressive despite his new, no doubt Bollywood-inspired, karkat-ka-khiladi mustache, imagine the Hindustani from Aamir Sohail’s deepish throat if you please.

Na pare bat dhorte, na pare ball korte, fielding “mara” ar fielding “kaurar” parthokko bojhe na, abar ishtail dyakhay ! Chautkana sat-atta maira dantgula bhainga dyawon daurkar !

Mosha Rubel’s fielding was excellent but sadly, he still can’t bat for $hite. It is embarrassing to watch him try to hack away at lines and length simply not there, often with his feet glued to places where they shouldn’t be. Luckily, he’s a decent ODI SLA endorsed by best, and not too many Bangladeshi fans ask the question: “HOW did you score those runs ?”

Last but not least, CJS, KMB and the other idiot’s commentary didn’t make me suddenly throw up inside my mouth as often as I feared. I am getting skilled at “hearing without listening” I suppose. Thank you GOD.

Congratulations to Bulbul, Tushar and the rest of the apas at Habamoni. You deserve the title and did it again in style …
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 19, 2008 at 02:58 AM..