View Single Post
Old January 19, 2010, 10:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think Shakib will be wasted at number 7 or number 8 position, he deserves a better slot. However, I want him to bat at number 7 or 8 for a longer period of time (like Riyad is doing now) to create the hunger for staying on the wicket and batting up the order. He should eventually take number 4 position of the batting line up.

If Ashraful fails again in this very important Bangladesh winter (India series, New Zealand series followed by England series), we should leave him out of the Test team. It will be time to move on like we did with the captaincy. We need someone who will put value to his wicket. No more walking wickets in Tests. And I am not talking about one or two flash in the pan good scores, Ashraful must show some consistency to keep his place in the line-up.

Like Siddons said, we are not just about Ashraful anymore. If he delivers, he is a wonderful batsman to have in the team, but there is no place for a "failed wonder" in the ever developing Bangladesh team. It sends wrong signal to other players.

Same goes to players like Shahriar Nafees and Aftab Ahmed.